This article was written for Mashada.com for more click here…
Mohammed Abduba Dida, former presidential candidate in the just passed elections, has been appointed chairman of the Constituency Development Fund Board. Dida was appointed to the board on the 9th of September 2013, but he wasn’t formally contacted about it. He saw it in the papers like every other Kenyan.
According to the daily nation, dated the 8th of January 2014, when Dida was contacted about this issue he said he wasn’t convinced this was actually true, he said he would have been more comfortable with his appointment and about speaking on it once he was formally contacted.
His appointment to the board is against procedure and many of the MPS involved are disgruntled seeing Dida as unfit for the post and his appointment a setback for the constituencies because the urgent decisions that need to be made about the already late disembursements of funds cannot be made until he settles in.
Dida was appointed to this post by the president, Uhuru Kenyatta himself, in the place of Mrs. Jennifer Nafula Barasa .However according to the CDF Act, the president doesn’t wield the power to hire into this position, only the Cabinet secretary for planning and devolution does.
The Didactic man, Dida, ran for office in the 2013 elections in Kenya, he is mostly remembered for his humorous accolades and jaw dropping questions which left many Kenyans and the other presidential candidates shocked.
Quotes Dida 2013
- If your football team fails to score, you can’t just change their kit and expect to score.
- Don’t eat too much Githeri, leave room for water and air.
- 20 years ago teachers were very important but today every child has a lawyer
- We don’t dwell on the weaknesses of each one of us…I am not asking you to vote for me, vote for the best.
- We are exporting tea and coffee while importing condoms.
- Dida on gay marriage: When a man is busy with another man, what will my daughter do?
- “Kenyatta Avenue should be an open hawkers market from 8pm to 11pm at a fee of 20/= per night,” Dida during a COTU presidential debate.
- We spend alot to seek treatment of cancer abroad yet the answer is in camel milk and urine
- The immediate job creation is asking all politicians to pay 10,000 to have posters cleaned up after elections.,Dida reacting to questions on how he will create jobs.
- Let us reduce diseases by eating healthy foods. Eat white meat instead of red meat.
- If you want to be healthy, eat when you are hungry! – preventive medicine
- Dida on abortion: I don’t like wrestling with God. If God wants life, let it be. God has a way of balancing life. Some are born, others die,during a debate by Christians.
- Kenya has much potential. A university student told me Arts and Design alone can create 70,000 jobs
- Unemployment fetsers from poor governance and corruption.
- You know you wont win if you’re standing behind a weird podium
- Uhuru is sure migingo is in kenya because he has the title deed